Thursday, July 8, 2010

Been Busy

Whew!  I have had a lot going on these past couple of weeks.  I am  designing a website which really does take a lot of thought, but it has been fun so far.

I have made  scrabble tile necklaces from the pictures I showed on my last blog post and have them on Etsy.  Making the necklaces are not the hard part, it is deciding on the pictures that I hope people like.  I keep refining what I do as well, see what medium works, what doesn't.  I am going to make my new pendants via decoupage instead of the plastic cover that I have been using.  I will post pics of both finished products so you can see what I mean.

After I finish making all my pendants, I will work on two projects people have asked for--a decoupaged bulletin board with matching pushpins and 'new baby' frame.

I am listening to Stephen King's Duma Key on audio in the car -- the story is located on a beach in Florida.  That gave me a mirror idea! I have not been to the beach in ages and I miss it :


It reminds me of walking on the beach seeing all the shells that have washed up.  I left the wood unpainted because it reminded me of driftwood and the wood is the color of sand.

Here are my latest pictures:

                                                                 
Mini 1/2" pine cones--how cute are they?!!

Leaf frond on cement--I was checking my picture focusing technique :)
Cardinal on my fence--I have been waiting FOREVER to get a picture of him! 

Water Lilies--this was taken at the duPont estate, Winterthur
Koi Pond at Winterthur--the Koi looks decorated for  July 4!!

No comments:

Post a Comment